Friday, September 25, 2009

The Origin of the Sirkian People

Last night, I composed a playlist for my good friend Kris as a just because gift. As a sporadic ritual, I make mixed CDs for my loved ones, mostly my close friends as a token of my appreciation of their company. They ALWAYS consist of songs that I am certain they have never heard before and are composed to have a "random, yet flowing appeal".

So, true to form, I composed a CD for Kris. I love to be creative at any given opportunity so I decided to rearrange the letters of his name and turn into a race of "Kris incarnations" or The Sirkian people.

I'm a writer so I began to think, "What would the culture and origin of the Sirkian People?"

Of course, this fictional, yet based off of nonfictional persons and events, group of people would have the qualities that belong to my friend Kris. So here's what my mind produced:

The Sirkian People was born of a small group of Pilgrim children who ventured off into the forests of the colonial Midwest. The found themselves imprisoned by their lack of direction in the wilderness. Without any desire to die amongst the rocks, they decided to live their lives outside of the rigid traditionalism of the pilgrims. The children changed their names and soon forgot of the life they had before venturing into the forest.

One night, the Sirkian boys and girls joined hands, looked to the stars peering from the tall oak branches, and asked for Jesus to have them stay young forever. After hearing their prayers, Jesus had the stars fall to the praying children. Instead of burning them, the stars fused into the skins of the children, marking them with immortality. Jesus then told them, that even thought their bodies would still grow, their hearts and mind will remain innocent and unaffected by any of the harsh realities of Earth.

By the time the boys and girls bodies had matured into adults, they began to call themselves the Sirkian People. They practiced a form of utilitarianistic, chivalrous culture that thrived on the happiness of your fellow man. The doctrine was summed up in the words "If I have it, you have it" spoken by the Sirkian Pioneer, Douglas Obenna.

So to this day, the Sirkian people still leave peacefully in the midwest. Eternally young and fortifying their charities towards others...
***

That was pretty long-winded to be just a short story that, in itself, is a tangent off of a playlist I made for my friend Kris. LOL :)

If any of you wanted to know the playlist. Here it is:

1. Sweet Ticket by Kanon Wakeshima
2. Dreams Come True by S.E.S
3. Hey Girl by Dongbangshinki
4. A.S.A.P by Utada Hikaru
5. Polaris by Kangta
6. Vanishing by A Perfect Circle
7. Drive My Soul by Lights
8. So Close by Evanescence
9. Dark Carnival
10. My Beloved by Hungry Lucy

Thanx for reading!

Cya next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment